From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:49:50 -0400
> The Northwestern NJ Beekeepers Association posted this video...

The mere fact that a video could be made at a distance of 6 feet or so means that this was nowhere near "as bad as it gets".

AHB like I encountered (once was enough!) in FL would cover the lens so that no video could be made, and the weight of the bees on the lens (dark, reflective, attracting bees) would tip the camera over, despite the tripod.
The beekeeper would have to regularly brush the bees off his veil to see what he was doing.
The beekeepers that took me to see these AHB hives were very wise to do things like duct-tape pant legs and sleeves to boots and gloves.

The reasonable approach to real AHB was best expressed by Ms. Ellen Ripley: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit - it’s the only way to be sure."
https://youtu.be/aCbfMkh940Q