From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2021 18:18:45 -0500
a Yoon Sik Kim, Ph. D. followed by my comment...
>Similarly, the "good" trait of Carni's shutting down during dearth cannot be "good" at all in the south as Italians will run over them as the latter

I at times like to rear queens from II stock and see how the mating does with my untreated stock.  A couple of years ago I talked with Sue C. about obtaining some II Carni stock and she informed me that Carnis would not do so well in the summer heat... which can be very intense here in Central Texas.

Gene in Central Texas but not for long...