From:
Alex Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:50:21 -0400
Thanks for the references to the ABJ.

My hypothesis is that this was an unusual year for the bees, and they may
have found some sort of alternative source to mix with the local honey to
produce this taste, as I did not find the bitter honey in previous years.

I find it hard to imagine that if 1/3 of the honey comes from this source
in Florida, that the bitter honey would be unique to this apiary.

The color is yellowish, had almost reddish hue when capped.