From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2020 23:10:55 +0100
>At least at Chile we still rope everything. We even have special knots for
the purpose...

There is a great deal of satisfaction to be had from being able to tie the right knot for the job in hand.  When I was young it seemed that most boys (and perhaps some girls) knew how to tie reef knots, sheet bends, bowlines, clove hitches etc. - but I fear that much of that has now been lost.

For anyone interested, the Ashley book of knots - one of my treasured possessions that I must find time to read through again! - is the 'knotter's bible'.
Available here free:
https://www.reddit.com/r/knots/comments/95bw4m/ashley_book_of_knots_available_as_a_free_pdf_on/
but it is better to own a copy!

Best wishes