From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:08:10 -0400
Ruth I will send you my EFB remediation material via email. You can save the colony, even one that hard hit. It is a lot of work but you can save your queen line. I remediated my bees for that reason: I didn't want to lose the line I was working on.

The one risk was, and I heard it very often from other beekeepers, that I had to consider if the line I had been tinkering with was now genetically prone to be susceptible to EFB. Only one way to find out! This year I have been EFB free. So far, knock on wood.

Seth, the spread of EFB may not be the fault of your queen. Bees drift freely in an apiary, and drift bees can carry EFB to nearby hives. The nearer the hives the more drift between them. What was the source of the infection...robbing of a weak hive crashing from EFB? Multiple hives may have picked up the infection via robbing.