Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2019 19:09:40 -0400
Hi howdy

The vagaries of copyright law in the US have occasioned the release of publications from 1923 into the public domain. Here is an excerpt from the British Bee Journal of that year. (Please don't ask me to explain "vagaries of copyright law in the US.") Just enjoy the good oil!

excerpt:
I am forwarding some cuttings from the Western Mail (Australia), which have been sent to me by an uncle out there. Possibly some notes from them might prove interesting. —W. E. Hobbs.

When marketing honey I am often asked, "Is yours pure garden honey?" I might reply, " Yes. it is pure honey from Nature's garden," but my answer is always "No, certainly not. It is pure as far as I am concerned, and I am sure that my bees are honest, and store only pure honey from the best sources of nectar available, but it is not garden honey."

Honey for sale in shops is often labelled "Pure Garden Honey" and I'd like to make special mention here that the label is "pure tommy-rot " and misleading. The honey the bees store in Australia is mostly from the blossoms of forest trees, flowering scrubs and grasses, and some from an orchard or garden that may be handy.

Pete