From:
Alvin Forar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:31:15 +0000
<I do not use top entrances in any of my hives - I have 35 -  and
they seem to winter well>

Donald,

What is the winter configuration that you use - singles, doubles, or more? If more than singles, is the vent hole only in the bottom one or higher? How do you winterize the ones not using the bee cozies?

Lots of questions.  You seem to be doing what most of us have been told can't be done. That is not having top ventilation. It is my understanding that you are saving the colonies winter drinking water without having it kill them when it thaws and drips on them.

Thanks,
Alvin

Alvin L. Forar
Arlington, WA