Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 12:33:15 -0500
Thanks for the article and link.

This is why I have stayed away from GDD (but used the approach) and I am looking at weather from a bee's perspective (Prime Forage/Nectar Hours and Cluster requirements). I was looking for a way to compare weather from various locations. Actual forage availability requires a bit more effort either via monitoring weight in hives or doing regular hive visuals to understand flow intensity and auditing what forage is actually in bloom at what time. Having hourly weather data lets you add specific criteria to include or exclude certain data points based on local criteria as you collect your own local observations.  (Sunny, Solar Radiation more than, Raining, Too hot, Too cold,...). We get frost all summer long every week or 2... We use row covers on our garden, and the local plants seem to be adapted to quickly recover. And we get 30-75lbs of honey per hive from mid June to early August. We get a swarming season (split/queen rearing opportunity) but you only get one chance a season to get things right.

I have now figured out the API approach and it lets me download 10 years worth of data in a csv in 2 minutes without navigating , adding data sets in carts and then repeating it for 10 locations.