Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2019 09:09:10 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Hi all
I really opened up a can of worms when I decided to compile a list of state and province apiary regulations. They vary from no laws at all to very strict proclamations. I haven't even gotten into honey handling rules and already I can see that that is an even gnarlier topic. Here, Louisiana exempts honey from regs, due to its status as a "Low-risk food."

Low-risk foods; preparation in home for public consumption
No provision of the state Sanitary Code or any provision of any other law or regulation that requires any equipment, design, construction, utensils, supplies, preparation, or services shall apply to the preparation of low-risk foods

For purposes of this Section, "low-risk foods" shall include all of the following, none of which shall consist of any animal muscle protein or fish protein:

(1) Baked goods, including breads, cakes, cookies, and pies.
(2) Candies.
(3) Cane syrup.
(4) Dried mixes.
(5) Honey and honeycomb products.
(6) Jams, jellies, and preserves.
(7) Pickles and acidified foods.
(8) Sauces and syrups.
(9) Spices.

[note: I have always felt that honey should be regarded as low risk, just like maple syrup. Not lumped in with high risk, such as dairy, meat packing, etc.]