Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:30:10 -0400
> It was a warm winter day and a friend and I watched honey bees working on
> a pile of used coffee grounds

Last Wed at our monthly Chapter meeting a beekeeper/mushroom grower  spoke
about bees and mushrooms. They do get feed from the "root" system of
several mushrooms, and coffee grounds and wood chips are a prime growing
medium for mushrooms. You might not see the mushrooms yet, but their root
system could easily be there. So the "grubbing around in it" is the
characteristic he described to us on how the bees feed.They are uncovering
the roots and feeding.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine