From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2019 12:38:41 -0500
>The impact of so much money from a single source on beekeeping means that
beekeepers do many unusual things to and with their bees, some do
unethical/inhumane things for profit, and some are even tempted to steal
hives. Jim

Such as? Pete

I have to agree with Jim on this one. Such as, placing 200+ colonys a few hundred yards from honey yards that I and others have maintained for decades. Allowing hundreds of colonys to starve and then bragging about making $35,000 renting dead-outs to "dumb" almond growers. Hiring and then stiffing undocumented workers with the knowledge that they had no recourse. Keeping illegal drug patties in the colonys year round. Making blatantly false insurance claims after recent wild fires. Placing yards in violation of county regulations concerning restrictions near alfalfa seed operations. I could go on and I do feel very uneasy but it is all true. Without almonds this would not be possible, or at least not profitable.

If Aaron chooses to throw this out I completely understand.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA