Date:
Fri, 22 May 2020 16:30:48 -0400
PEOPLE IMMUNE TO STINGS

I have just finished “eating” the book, “The Dadant System of Beekeeping.” It is practical common sense. No one can read it and think just the same as before. It will change his ways for the better.

There is just one thought presented in it with which I differ, and I deem it of so much importance that I feel in duty bound to mention it. The writer seems to convey the idea that there are persons immune to bee stings.

During my lifetime of 58 years, I have known at least four or five of those sting-proof people who came near losing their lives by stings. I have, therefore, concluded that it is not best to get anything in print that might lead to carelessness in handling bees.

J. H. Tichenor (1921) American Bee Journal