From:
Deborah Corcoran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 09:08:19 -0500
FWIW, I have entrance holes in supers, and the bees use both, all hives.  In winter they all use the upper and some use both.  Having an unlimited broodnest probably has something to do with this. As for types of bees, the mutts I have may have some Italian, Ferguson Buckfast, and Mike Palmer queens, Saskatraz; all queens that were bought to vary genetics in the apiary.  I have not bought bees in 4 years and do not plan to. So, I am thinking that there is plenty of Carniolan in the mix.

Deb Corcoran, Bee Thankful Raw Honey
Western Catskill Mountains NY

Proverbs 16:24