From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:05:19 -0700
I find this discussion on disinfection of combs to be of interest, as I was
concerned about it back when N ceranae was more of a problem in my
operation.

Dr. EB White performed an experiment to determine whether *Nosema apis*
could be transmitted via infected brood combs from heavily-infected
colonies, by inserting them into nosema-free healthy hives.  He did so with
14 hives, inserting the infected frames at various times from April through
July.  None of the hives got infected.
White, GF (1919) Nosema disease. U.S. Dept Agric Bulletin 780, 59 pp.
*Available
in Google Books.*

In our operation, we simply restock bees onto the combs of  nosema
deadouts, and haven't noticed any particular problems from doing so.  I'm
not saying that you shouldn't attempt to disinfect your combs--I'm just
saying that after April, nosema typically tends to disappear.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA