From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2020 16:59:01 +0000
PB> protein content of the diet to 6% maximizes lifespan; and for reproduction, it is maximized at 33% protein vs 66% carbohydrate.<

I remember seeing data indicating that too much protein can be toxic to bees; and I may be wrong, but I think the threshold of concern was about 40%.

I also remember that many of the older books claimed that adult bees didn't need protein in their diet.

For healthy humans, short periods of high protein diet don't seem to be of concern.  The adverse effects associated with long-term high protein/high meat intake in humans were (a) disorders of bone and calcium homeostasis, (b) disorders of renal function, (c) increased cancer risk, (d) disorders of liver function, and (e) precipitated progression of coronary artery disease.