Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 12:37:24 -0400
>  I tried that once (shocked at how much pouch tobacco costs!)

That's right! I was recently contemplating buying some to try, too. But I didn't get past the price. You would have thought I would have tried it back in 1970s, when I first started out. But my favorite fuel in those days was dry eucalyptus leaves. Cheap and smells great. These days I use store bought burlap, though I am always on the look-out for coffee sacks. They're the best.

By the way, I have found that judicious addition of little bits of burr comb can make any fuel last a lot longer. This is a variation on a method used by an old coot I used to work for in 1975. He would stuff his smoker with burlap, get it well lit, and pour used motor oil. It was a thick, cool, nasty smoke. Not recommended.

Pete