Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:04:52 +0000
From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
I prefer a shallow gravel trench supplied by a drip-hose.  The gravel provides lots of places for bees to land, but unlike porous materials, doesn't soak up water and mold (mould U.K.).
I did see an interesting Facebook video - someone took a flat, wooden board, routed a sine-wave (serpentine) channel into the board, put a hose on slow flow at one end.  The water went down the routed channel (look to be maybe 2" wide, no more than 1/4-1/2 inch deep, maybe 8 foot board. Bees lined up on the 'shores' on both sides.  No sinking floats, no drowning bees (the routed trough had slopping sides).  Board placed at slight tilt downwards from hose end.
I wouldn't use cedar or treated wood, but the whole setup looked like it worked very well, and the rows of bees on each side were fun to watch.
Jerry