Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
In-Reply-To:
Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Legal international import and export of bees/queens, whether alive or dead, requires proper, signed APHIS paperwork to get through customs.  Live bees may also require a veterinary health certificate.
You do not want to be stopped in customs with insects (live or dead) and no paperwork!  A few folks did have done some jail time and/or paid steep fines.   I know of a couple who found that the pen approach wasn't a good idea.
FYI, I've brought hundreds of samples of bee and pollen samples in to the US from our field trials in and around Canadian canola fields.  Since we drive back and forth, we could have 'smuggled', not declared the frozen samples - and I'm guessing we wouldn't have been stopped.  BUT, if we were, they would probably hold the samples, and by the time the issue was sorted, the samples would likely have been held days, thawed, and been useless - a whole field season down the tubes.
One more point, to bring those sample in to the US, and to take our research gear back and forth, we at times had to engage the services of an agent at the border.
For international shipping/transport, be smart, do it correctly.  And, check on requirements at both ends - most countries have their own APHIS equivalent.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2