From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2018 20:07:34 -0400
Pete>I received a note about the Dyce Process and have spent an hour or two trying to find a reference to the interesting story behind it.

I'm sure you're referencing the juicy patient race but if folks are more interested in the actual research part, that's contained in Dyce's extraordinary Bulletin- 528 (Fermentation and Crystallization of Honey) published in January 1932.

According to Dyce's note, the contents of the bulletin was also part of his doctorial thesis submitted to Cornell in June of 1931 for a Ph.D. in philosophy.

>Title: Fermentation and crystallization of honey
>Author: Dyce, Elton James,
>Collection: The Hive and the Honeybee: Selections from the E. F. Philips Beekeeping Collection at Mann Library

>http://bees.library.cornell.edu/cgi/t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=bees&cc=bees&idno=7194746&node=7194746%3A3&frm=frameset&view=image&seq=1

Cornell's entire online beekeeping collection can be searched at http://bees.library.cornell.edu/b/bees/browse.html

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT