From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2018 15:39:15 -0400
> I'm not at all critical of vaporization per se.  However, I'm concerned
> that it's been oversold as a treatment when there is brood present in the
> hive.
>
> My understanding was the OA approved label prevents the selling of it as a
treatment when brood is present. According to the approved OA label (
https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_search/ppls/091266-00001-20151013.pdf):

" Use only in late fall or early spring when little or no brood is present."
and
"Oxalic acid is used to treat colonies during low brood periods, packages,
or swarms."

While the label doesn't define "little brood" or "low brood", I believe the
label makes it clear that treatment during spring or high brood periods is
not in accordance with the label. And the label is the law.