Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:53:03 -0400
Aaron wrote: "So for the first time ever I've resorted to Bee Go. Not a fan of the smell, though it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be."

My bottle of Bee Go is almost empty and I'd like to get a new one but can't find a supplier here in the UK.  The problem seems to be that, for obvious reasons, they won't allow it on aircraft and have forgotten how to ship things by ship!

I wouldn't allow it anywhere near honey!  It is very helpful though for moving bees.  I've used a few drops on a blob of cotton wool on the end of a fishing rod to steer a swarm from an inaccessible place to within reach.  Again, using the same method, a colony I was extracting from between the walls of a shed retreated to between the rafters under the roof. Once the Bee Go was behind them they surged forward and I was able to gather and re-home them.

Called once to a house where bees were investigating a cavity for a potential new home, I thwarted their ambition with a spot of Bee Go.  The owner said it reminded him of the smell of the Parmesan cheese that he's just been grinding onto his children's pasta.

Chris