From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2020 08:39:04 -0400
Every quarter, I have to write a check to the IRS so large, I have to dig in
my drawer to find a "fine point pen" to fill in the amount.  Just wrote
another on the 15th.
I don't mind, I have "varied business interests" so paying my taxes means
that "surviving by my wits alone" pays rather well.

But now you can get some money back.

My reading is that anyone who sells enough honey to account for it as "a
business" can get a payment from the "Coronavirus Food Assistance Program -
CFAP 2".
This is a good thing for folks who make and sell significant honey.

https://www.farmers.gov/cfap

https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/faq

Even my sales of my single ton of honey from about two dozen hives (God
willing, and rain allowing)  is waaaay down this year, as my retailers were
closed, Manhattan became a "ghost town" as people fled the jurisdiction for
their lake, beach, and mountain "weekend" cottages, and the Christmas church
fairs are cancelled this year. It presumptuous to assume that there will
even be Christmas this year.  (But my propolis tincture has been flying off
the shelves, finally goading me into cleaning/processing some of the
ziplocks full of Propolis I had been ignoring.)

So, how much can you get?  - This is easy to calculate, you look at your
2019 honey sales revenues, and you can get a check for roughly 9% to 10% of
that.

2019 Sales Revenue	Percent Paid
.
================	==========
.
$0 to $49,999 		10.6%
.
$50,000 to $99,999 	9.9%
.
$100,000 to $499,999 	9.7%
.
$500,000 to $999,999 	9.0%
.
Sales over $1 million 	8.8%

Example: A producer's 2019 sales of eligible commodities totaled $75,000.
The payment is calculated as ($49,999 times 10.6%) plus ($25,001 times 9.9%)
equals a total payment of $7,775.

So, go get your check.  Times are tough all over. Don't need the money?  Get
the check, mail the money to the church or the local food bank to help the
far less fortunate.

(Sorry, US beekeepers only.   Your Mileage May Vary.   Many bags look alike.
Do Not Remove This Tag Under Penalty of Law.   Your Network Administrator
May Have Disabled Some Features.   Do Not Fold, Spindle, Or Mutilate.   Any
rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of this game, without the express
written consent of Major League Baseball is prohibited.)