From:
Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2019 17:49:41 +0000
re: "You could rip [plastic frames] on a table saw"

I did that with some deep plastic frames back before the green drone frames were available in mediums.  Two thoughts:

1.  Plastic is more brittle than wood.  Unless you have a blade designed for plastic (or a lot more skill and patience than I have), expect a ragged edge.  And DEFINITELY wear safety glasses.

2.  Because you are cutting off the plastic equivalent of the bottom bar, the frame will not be quite as stiff.  Not a factor for my hand-crank tangential extractor but it might become relevant in a higher-powered radial extractor.
You also get different burr comb off the bottom of the frame because of that loose edge.  Especially the first year.  Less so as the wax along that edge ages and darkens.

Mike Rossander
NE Ohio