Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 13:21:29 -0400
> If this worked in theory on IAPV, couldn't feeding DWV dsRNA work to protect bees against DWV?

Researchers have been working on that angle for a decade or so. My understanding is they have been unable to make it cost effective. However, that isn't what caught my eye in this article. They say:

To explore the RNA repertoire in the jellies, including the natural occurrence of exogenous
and pathogen-related RNA, we adapted a small RNA-seq protocol to sequence fulllength
RNA up to 200nt (see materials and methods).

Size distribution analysis of sequenced RNA indicated that worker and royal
jellies have different profiles, with RNAs corresponding to 39- and 72 nt mainly
differentiate among the two jellies (Figure 3A, Supplementary Figure 1A).

Making of a queen is a multilevel process and presumably there are numerous
factors interplaying one with the other. Further research should molecularly determine
the impact of jelly RNA and its relation to other identified players, such as Royalactin