Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:31:14 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Gene
> However when I do I rarely (almost never) blame my past failures on my neighbors<
This was one of the points I made in one of the post that got moderated out.  Not everything I write gets through.

Plb
>I can't think of one. You buy any queens from anybody, and in one or two generations they are mongrels.<

Are they the same mongrels that they always were or are they mongrels with small changes at times?   

If it takes big numbers to change a population up, is it a fact that there has to be a giant die off leaving only the change or an overloading migration leaving only the change.  Are are there small changes that if benifitial, take some time to work through the population due to a small heath benefit giving better mating success?

I read a mountain goat study where goats that had become resistant to stomach parisite had more offspring then less resistant goats.

The off shoot was that they did not have quite as long of a life span.  I looked for the study to referance but could not find the exact study I got this from.

I know goats don't breed with 14 drones.  Still, if you can have a queen lay differrent color bees in a hive with one color being most dominate, would it still not come down to the fastest drone.  Does the bees always breed to average or can a benifitial get a foot hold that takes some time to climb the numbers hill?

If a bird starts with a short beak but a long beak out compeetes, and you can see the beaks getting longer in more birds over time, is it a time thing and the bennifitial does not dissapear.  Does the whole population of the added bees lose it all and go back to the origional mongrel with one or two superceedures?
Cheers
gww

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2