Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2019 11:26:33 -0700
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

> >New hives on new comb had an average 20% loss while older hives on older
> comb averaged a 7% loss in our group of beekeepers.  Comb age is one of
> many variables but looking for trends and trying to learn from experience.

Allen Dick from Alberta, Canada claimed that colonies wintered better on
dark combs.
Here in California, I observe that the cluster appears to more readily move
up from the lower brood chamber into the upper brood chamber during winter
if there are dark combs to move to, but haven't done any controlled trials
to confirm.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA