Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 08:41:40 -0500
From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
>Again, if you are happy with the performance of the queens you buy, congratulations. If you are not, then you will realize that there are no sacred stones that >must not be overturned.

I am completely confused Pete,  in one conversations we have covered everything from the horrible queens and the lack of progress in the last century,  to the basics that Brother Adam developed being the standard.  I do find it very hard to have conversations about it when the target keeps moving.

I fully agree we need better standards and queens,  stated that up front,  I just don’t believe we are getting crap from suppliers.   Your right,  it’s a good conversation, and if we can converse we might actually be able to come to some thoughts on how progress can be made.  To do that we have to quit flip flopping,  look at where we are,  why,  and what it will take to change.
The bright minds here represent a lot of collective data,  and the lurkers who are many are paying attention.

The link you sent was a good read.  Unfortunately as I spent hours looking at it,  I realized it was not relevant to our discussion.  It encompasses two parts,  first a rehash of queen breeding techniques,  several of them.  Then some basic standards for evaluating queens within our own yards.  This does nothing to further the point I was making,  the point that agrees with your comment we need to move the industry forward.

When I studied the associated links,  I came to the conclusion, this is based around creating pure bloodlines of the differ breeds within the EU.  Those standards and goals IMO do not line up with our goal to produce better bees for honey and AG.  Just my take,  but since you didn’t take the time to expound how you viewed it and how it applied to the discussion.

>Look Charles, I tire of your criticism based upon misreading. I don't call your writing peculiar and I don't accuse you of misinformation. What I actually think, I >keep it to myself, as it is not relevant.

Your correct,  My apologies.  A lot going on last week.  I should have explained to you why I saw the link as off base and not related to the discussion I was trying to further(see above).  The good book tells us to "do unto others"   In fairness I was unintentionally practicing a technique called "Mirroring"  When you commented  " All of this stuff is available, you don't have to hunt for it"   I viewed that as condescending   A simple  "look at this link"  might have helped.

If your not actually going to post what you think, and apply your own experiences and thoughts,  it seems to me to be loss.

Charles