Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:46:54 -0500
From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Seth Commented,

>“So is varroa resistance/tolerance a local issue or a universal one?”
>local, most TF stocks collapse when moved.
>Local adapted stock lasts longer untreated then non adapted stock

Personally,  I don’t believe for a moment that we have ANY TF stocks as of yet,  and I don’t think locals last longer either,  What I believe at the moment is we still have pockets that are tolerant of mites without virus loads,  and the very second those stocks are exposed to viral loaded mites,  the collapse.  And that the locals are a bit more tolerant of the local virus,  much like Europeans and small pox.

It may not be popular,  but it does explain why despite almost 2 decades of smart and good people working hard,  we have about nothing to show for it yet.

Charles