From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 10:08:43 -0400

> Would bee interested in your general location in the US

Piedmont region of NC. Pretty darn close to the center of the state (hives
scattered throughout Guilford, Randolph and Alamance counties).

I do take a single axle trailer of hives to Madison County in NC in an
attempt to chase the Sourwood flow. Hit or miss though. Been doing it for 3
years now. Some genetics local to that area may have been incorporated into
the hive's "gene pool," although I doubt it being a significant amount.

Typically about half the queens I incorporate into my yards are local
(except many of the local breeders are inconsistent and somewhat a pain to
deal with, so some years its significantly less than half), and the rest
come from Mississippi, Texas and California (at least within the past 2
years). I have my suspicions on where the "heat" came from, and have
eliminated acquiring queens from that source from here on out, but can't
say with any certainty that my suspicions are fact.