HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lara Band <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2021 11:04:23 -0400
The Call for Papers for the Society for Post Medievel Archaeology 2021 Congress has been extended until Monday 12th April​​​.

We warmly welcome any submissions for 15 minute pre-recorded presentations, Twitter papers, or Instagram posters that fit with this year's broad themes, or post-medieval archaeology more generally.

The Post-Medieval Archaeology Congress will be held online, over 28-30 May 2021 and we invite paper submissions that fit within the following themes:

    Post-Medieval archaeology in the era of COVID-19
    Comfort and consumption during times of trouble
    Material culture: connections and comparisons
    Public archaeology
    The non-human other
    Social relations, socially distanced, and the downright anti-social
    We also welcome papers on current and recent research on any aspect of post-medieval/later historical archaeology

Papers will be organised into YouTube playlists, Zoom discussions and Twitter sessions. Colleagues who wish to organise a session on a different theme are invited to get in touch with the conference organisers at [log in to unmask]

While we will miss the conviviality of an in-person event, we also recognise that holding our conference online can make it more geographically and financially accessible, and we warmly welcome submissions from colleagues and friends who might not normally be able to attend an SPMA conference. We do however also recognise that fully digital experiences are not the whole solution, particularly with regards to digital divides, and are working to make our conferences more inclusive experiences, both now and in the future.

The annual conference is open to all researchers at any stage in their career. There is no geographical focus and we welcome papers from around the world. We aim to make the SPMA conference a supportive and friendly space, and particularly wish to welcome students and those presenting for the first time.

All contributors and attendees are asked to read and abide by the SPMA's Conference Code of Conduct at https://pmac21.com/code-of-conduct/

Hope to see you there
Lara, on behalf of the conference committee