HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:53:03 +0000
Any class 3 curio/relic collector can be sent the firearm, they will need to provide a valid copy of their license to the shipper

For their files and upon receipt the receiver must enter into their bound book for the ATF. This can ship with UPS or Federal express

I do conservation work on metals, from salt(trained in Florida Gold Coast) and fresh water environments as well as land recovery and have the proper ATF license but I am in Michigan

You can also ship from  Full Licensed dealer to Full Licensed dealer and have the conservator pick up the firearm. Typical cost is 25 -30 dollars at each end for the transfer fee

Plus the shipping cost to the receiving dealer location

You may want to look for someone in the Civil War belt that does conservation work on Civil War Relics as a source..not the Clean and Coated method technician

What are your expectations on the outcome and  level of conservation due to the heavy corrosion?

If you can send photos of the artifact? Be interesting to view

Kris R. Oswald