From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:24:28 -0400
> The theory that reduced brood rearing or a queenless condition during a flow lasting 5 weeks will permit the colonies to produce a larger crop is not supported by actual returns...

I think we went around with this topic a short time ago and some said dequeening worked for them, but when I tried it, I found it hard on me, hard on the bees, and hard on my crop, so I'm with Farrar on this.

As that other famous bee expert Winnie the Pooh was reputed to say, “You never can tell with bees.” so as always, YYMV.

Pooh was also quoted to say, “When you go after honey with a balloon, the great thing is to not let the bees know you’re coming.” but I would not know about that.