From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 2021 14:31:15 -0700
James,
Thank you very much for the reference. I guess in a well insulated/wrapped
hive the spores in the Nosema in the honey (if present) would remain
viable. The internal Ts rarely drop below -5C (locations away from main
cluster) even at -40C. Another thing to test and compare :)
I'll contact the national bee diagnostic lab to see if they can run PCR
Nosema tests for honey.

This reference mentions the spores being viable for at least 5 years. Even
those that were stored at -20C.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318461430_Determination_of_spore_longevity_and_viability_of_Nosema_apis_and_Nosema_ceranae_according_to_storage_conditions

Etienne Tardif
60.43N, -134.89W