From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:00:09 -0600
Why do Africanized bees in Brazil need little or not treatment, while
beekeepers in other parts of Latin America reportedly have to treat?

I would propose the truth lies in the concept of

"have to treat"

A quick study of what goes on in the US will show you that there is a huge variation in the degrees of husbandry.  For example  my local hobby people don’t feel the need to treat,  but are perfectly happy with 20 lbs a hive in a good year.  Those of us on the other side, would consider that a dismal failure.   Given the variations in hive size, honey plus and or pollination needs  every one understanding of "must treat"  is quite different  and we have no common threshold other than survival from season to season.

Charles