Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2020 19:20:24 -0400
Hi all
I received a couple of messages re: Bt crop protection. It was not my intention to get deep into the topic, but rather to point out that it's been around a long time, and is a complex subject. It has been further complicated by its inclusion in transgenic crops. And sadly, it appears prone to the same pitfalls as other chemical crop controls -- pests develop resistance to it.
PLB

ยง

Xiao Y, Wu K. 2019 Recent progress on the interaction between insects and Bacillus thuringiensis crops. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 374: 20180316. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2018.0316