From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2020 19:46:44 +0000
<Bill: Based on some of the foul honey I have tasted from around the world...

Label it "Rare Nyssa Sylvatica Honey" or somesuch, price it at double or
triple or more than any other honey you sell, and put it in small
decorative bottles with florid labels. It will sell.>

Many years ago a bee scientist from Germany came to visit.  He proudly presented me with a small jar of prized, Black Forest Honey with a fancy label.
The jar was so dark, it looked like molasses.  The consistency was so thick one could stick a spoon in and lift the whole jar off the table.  Finally, it not only looked like molasses, it tasted somewhat like molasses.
At the time, I had a Bavarian Technician whole brought deserts and bread into the lab.  Her deserts were fantastic.  The breads were dark and heavy.  She persisted in trying to get the perfect bread.  The darker, denser, and heavier it was, the happier she was with the loaves.  Some were so dense, it felt like picking up a brick, and one needed a stein of dark beer to wash it down.
At least the Germans are consistent (and if anyone thinks this is an ethnic slam, my lineage is 3/4 german, 1/4 Luxembourg), they like dark, strong-flavored foods.
Needless to say, the jar of honey has a prized place on a shelf, still full of honey.
Jerry