Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2020 09:42:29 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hi all
I have been working on an article vis a vis the Life of Langstroth and found the following of interest:

Father Langstroth’s Bee-Library is for sale.

It consists of about 100 volumes, dating from 1579 to 1891 —over 3BE00 years. The works are in English, French, German and Italian. This Library is about the only thing of value that our lamented Langstroth left, and it is desired that it shall realize to his heirs as large a sum as possible.

It was Father Langstroth’s wish that his bee-library always should be kept together—not sold a volume here and a volume there. it contains some very rare books on the sub ject of bees-some that very likely cannot be found elsewhere. On this account it is indeed of high value.

I think probably it would be as well to invite bids for it, and the highest to claim the prize. Let it be understood, however, that Mrs. Cowan reserves the right to reject any or all bids. This will be eminently fair to all. Please mail the bids to the American Bee Journal, 56 Fifth Ave., Chicago, Ill.

*** Before you get your checkbooks out, I should mention this appeared in the American Bee Journal issue of Nov. 28, 1895. I can email the complete list to whomever is interested. Pete B ***

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2