From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2020 21:51:28 -0400
> OK, I've been hit by requests for details on the hive demo cage....

While not likely to be as grand as anything was built for a state
fairgounds, I ran into a similar scenario of a request for "live bees" at an
event at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, so we purchased a screened dining
tent, and hung a collection box with a nasanov lure from the topmost peak.
The garden staff liked it, but worried that bees would get out between the
bottom of the tent and the ground, and no amount of insisting that bees are
not crawling insects would do, so we bought a cheap tarp, and added a metric
monkey-ton of grommets to both, lashing the trap floor to the tent walls
with paracord.

It had the distinct advantage of being portable, too.  Tent slung over one
shoulder, and folded tarp under an arm.

One of the middle schools still uses that tent, as it allows an entire class
to see the bees up close, while keeping the helicopter parents from strafing
the school.