From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 14:39:31 -0400
When discussing sugar syrup Gene Ash wrote:

"I suspect folks overlook the addition of water to whatever sugar source they use."

Can you give me more info on this topic Gene (or anyone)?

My well water tests close to the recommended limit for hardness – 494 CaCO3 mg/L. The Canadian guidelines for drinking water quality recommend an “Aesthetic Objective” of 500 mg/L limit for water hardness. What is the "Aesthetic Objective" for bees?

I have always used distilled water when making an oxalic acid sugar solution for treating varroa. It is an inexpensive precaution, but do the bees give a hoot?

Ted