From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2019 08:27:47 -0400
I have been asked to make a presentation on apple pollination and while I
provide pollination for cucumbers and watermelons I have not done any apple
pollination.

1.  What are growers asking for in terms of hives per acre?  I have the
university recommendations but want to know what growers want.
2.  What kind of hive placement do growers want?  I know apple orchards can
be difficult to navigate so how do hives get placed?
3.  What are current prices?
4.  How do bees fare on apple pollination?  Do hives generally improve or
decline?
5.  How long do bees stay in apples and at what stage of bloom is it best
to put them in the orchards?
6.  What kinds of problems are encountered on apple pollination?

I am looking for the beekeeper's perspective

Any responses appreciated, and I am looking for apple pollination photos
off-list.....
Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC