Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2020 06:48:15 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
MIke Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
 >Colony Size, Rather Than Geographic Origin of Stocks, Predicts Overwintering Success in Honey Bees  >https://academic.oup.com/jee/article/112/2/525/5251959

As a participating stock provider, I have issues with this study. It began with four stocks, two from the "north" and two from the "south". One of the north stocks came from PA. For some reason that stock disappeared from the study and was replaced by stock from WV. What happened to PA? The beekeeper became ill with Lyme but the bees? The WV stock was a year behind the other stocks. How does that work?

And, After the first year, I was told by person in charge, that one northern stock was the only one left that was viable. Then a couple years later, I attended a presentation by that person, when she spoke about the study in Burlington. On the graph, one line went right to the top while the others remained fairly flat.

Then that person retired, and the study was taken over by different group and the results changed...that graph was no longer there. What study ever changes horses in mid-stream and disappeared graphs? Mystery to me.