Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2020 13:57:14 -0500
Subject:
From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Eugene & All

First of all, I must apologise, as I remembered the pollen statement as applies to comb honey but not to liquid honey.  I produce a lot of comb honey and my statement on this list certainly applies to comb honey but not to liquid honey as I implied

> Can you clarify this requirement? Isn't the presence of pollen in honey one
> of its defining features? At what level is pollen considered a reportable
> condition?

Label requirements depend on both the container size as well as the retail location.

Consumer containers between 150 grams and five kilograms require a label that includes:

the name and full address (municipal address including postal code) of the packer or the person on whose behalf the honey is packed such as a retailer, producer or other person

the words "honey / miel” or "comb honey / miel en rayon” as applicable

the grade immediately followed by the colour class (comb honey

excluded)

the net weight of the honey

a statement that comb honey contains cells of pollen, if applicable

the country or province of origin, if applicable

Bob Darrell

Caledon Ontario

Canada 44N80W