From:
Deborah Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2020 09:03:13 -0500
From Georges, France

>Here is a presentation explaining the difficulty.
http://www.ihc-platform.net/ewawax2008.pdf
And additional, I have also placed this link in the thread of discussion on BetterComb
https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/food/files/safety/docs/food-fraud_succ-coop_beeswax.pdf

Thank you for the links, though it is a sad statement that there is such a high level of adulteration that there are professional powerpoints to educate beekeepers. I knew the adulteration in honey market was difficult, but thought a beekeeper buying beeswax foundation would be getting beeswax. My main concern with foundation was the residual miticides but thought that the capping wax used for foundation, and especially cut comb foundation, would be properly screened.

Regards,
Debbie Hewitt in Maryland