Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2020 10:40:30 -0500
Leaving the hive. African honeybees begin to forage early in the morning at low temperatures. I observed 'near maximal' traffic in and out of African hives at ambient temperatures (TA) of 8-10 °C, when sunshine was available at 08.00 h. However, in the absence of sunshine, few bees were leaving the hive at temperatures < 9 °C.  In contrast to African honeybees, there were few bees entering and leaving the colonies at 9 °C during a Eucalyptus honeyflow. The data from the present study show that the European honeybees do not fly continuously at 10 °C or less, apparently because they cannot maintain the minimum thoracic temperatures  for flight.

BERND, HEINRICH. "Thermoregulation of African and European honeybees during foraging, attack, and hive exits and returns." Journal of Experimental Biology 80.1 (1979): 217-229.

8C = 46.4F
10C = 50F

note: I would think it less important how many fly out at temps lower than 50 than how many actually return -- PLB