From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2019 16:23:41 +1000
Christmas greetings to all.  All the best for the New Year.

Here is Australia we have had bushfires with the latest estimate of a couple
of thousand hives lost but the biggest impact is the loss of flora due to
the bush fires.  The latest estimate I saw was 1 million hectares (about 2.4
million acres) lost.  It will take many years for those trees to come back
if the fire was not intense.  Where it was intense it will take a lot
longer.

Drought continues to be a big factor with beekeepers shifting hives to areas
a long way away that they have never worked before.  Some rain but not
drought breaking.

Aaron if you will indulge me, Medhat emails to you are bouncing back.

Trevor Weatherhead

Australia