Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 21:31:46 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
"Show me data, not propaganda."

What data do you want?  Per hive honey production data on TF hives that have shown excellent long term survival?  You know where to find those records.  Or do you want survival data on those hives without mite treatments?  You know where to find those records.  Do you want mite counts?  Give us the tracheal mite counts and Israeli paralytic virus counts on your bees to show everyone you collect useless data.  Because if you want the successful TF guy to collect mite counts that is useless data to him.

The fact is there are people keeping bees today in the US that have been TF for ten or more years and who see lower hive death rates than you or I see.  There are also a bunch of TF people who are killing bees at an amazing rate who are still very vocal that TF is the way to go.  In fact the latter outnumber the former I think.  But, that does not mean the former do not exist.  They are real regardless if you wish to believe it or not.  All you need to do is look at bee keepers within a couple of hundred miles of the southern US border and they are not all that hard to find.  You get north of that line and successful TF claims become very rare or in some cases hot air.

Dick

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2