From:
Peter Armitage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 00:24:27 -0500
Juanse.  We follow the research/science concerning endemic pathogens in native pollinator species in our province because of the spillover/spillback issue, and because it's part of our beekeeping association mandate to protect these species.  Almost no baseline research has been conducted here with respect to the pathogen profile of these species.  Two years ago we opposed the importation of the exotic Bombus impatiens to the province for commercial pollination of cranberry. Thanks to Xerces, Pollinator Partnership, and others for their assistance with this.  http://nlbeekeeping.ca/data/documents/2017-02-24-response-to-Minister-re-cranberry-assoc-final.pdf

What evidence (and references) do you have of virus spillover from the imported Bombus species to your native bumble bee species there in Chile?