From:
Trish Harness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2019 06:56:26 -0400
Dadant had some old stock, I understand, years ago.  No more.  It is all for deep frames.

I was able to custom order 12.75" frames from Weller Bee Supply in central OH, for 1.50 or so a frame.  I glue 2 mediums together and call it a brood chamber.  "We" (meaning my hubby) cut foundation on the table saw so 2 fit tall-wise side by side in a frame.  If I were to get pre-cut foundation, the only place I found to purchase that is a canadian company, Propolis-etc,  selling assembled Dadant deep frames - $10 a frame.  I think the only way to see the products is to download their beautiful but very large file.

I have been using the Dadant deeps for 10 months now.  Interesting note - in a Lang deep, I almost always have seen the fall/winter/spring cluster be pretty centralized.  In the (3) Dadant deeps I have been operating, they pick a side.  They were about a 10-frame deep in strength out of winter, and had honey left.  Hmm I do put r-6 foam insulation on the 3 sides of the brood chamber.

Dadant did not have flattering things to say about using a single brood chamber exclusively, which suggests that during that time people tended to use just the one brood chamber for a Lang deep.  Somehow the marketing for the Lang deep won out... and here we are.