From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 08:15:10 -0400
Speaking of bees in the walls of a house.  I struggle with hive health
issues like everyone else.  I live in north central North Carolina in a 200
year old house.  I had the house painted 4 years ago and I helped repair
various and sundry parts with (West System) epoxy and we thought we sealed
all possible openings.  Wouldn't you know it, but a swarm moved in as soon
as we finished painting, moving in above the second floor probably 40 feet
up.  They are going strong 4 years and counting.  I presume they are
throwing swarms but I have not seen any.

The way I found this house was it had 6-7 feral colonies living in the
walls when it was put up for sale by Preservation North Carolina.  No one
wanted to touch it because of the bees.  By-the-way, I have the sister to
this house - a 1906 fully restored bungalow with a 250 year old timber
framed cotton gin - next door for sale if anyone wants to live in a 'feral
friendly' neighborhood! (https://www.presnc.org/properties/perry-house/)

cheers
Bill Lord
Lousiburg, NC