Subject:
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Message-ID:
Sender:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
> cars started up like magic (to her) when she turned the key, and got her where she needed to go. 

That's a specious argument. The car would have been no use to her, if she didn't know how to drive it, which is a complex activity for which individuals require testing and licensing. Driving is monitored by the police and anyone who can't do it properly is soon taken off the road.

My own mother was convinced cars never needed to be "tuned up" because her daddy never got a "tune-up." Most likely he had it regularly serviced, or simply bought a new car every year (he had the $). 

She was a kid and had no clue about cars then, nor did she learn all that much. Her idea of shifting gears was to quickly move up to fourth and leave it there. Never downshifted, etc. A true mechanic's nightmare. 

A hive of bees in nothing like a car, though. It's a living being. And the tradition of knowledgeable beekeeping extends back to at least the 1600s when they learned the queen and workers were female and hatched from the same type of eggs. 

Beekeeping in the 21st century should be about knowing as much as possible. Know nothing beekeeping is for goofs -- and a nuisance for the rest of us. I am not personally in favor of laws regulating beekeeping but I respect them and fully compliant.

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2